Each generation of owners has lasted 65 years. My father bought the house when I was born and I am now 67 so perhaps it is time to let someone else’s family enjoy the home. The house is in perfect condition and fully equipped and furnished. It can be used as an elegant summer home or it can continue as a successful summer vacation rental. Offers accepted.
- For buyers, inquiries for sale can be made directly to Platt Johnson. Buy-Side Brokers protected.
- For renters, we are currently writing rentals. Any rental lease written will be honored per the terms of the lease.
- 17 years of property rental management is a pretty good run.
- The average ownership time period appears to be around 65 years. Built by John O. Morse in 1840, then bought by the Dinsmore family at the turn of the century, and then in 1955 by Norman Dudley Johnson.
- You never really own these historic houses. You just enjoy them until the next generation comes along.