Off Topic and Just For Fun
This page holds some Fun Notes about the house, the family and generally off topic items. You may find an odd photo album here/
Here is a recipe passed down from my grandmother Eloise who lived in Lexington Virginia. I call it Miss Virginia’s Old Fashion Southern Eggnog. Since Washington was a Virginian you can see how similar it is to George Washington’s recipe.
- 1 Dozen Eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 quarts 1/2 and 1/2 cream
- 1 quart bourbon whiskey
- 1 pint brandy
- 1 pint rum
- Separate the eggs
- Mix sugar and cream with the yolks and then slowly add the bourbon
- Whip the whites (don’t make too stiff) and then fold into them the rum and brandy.
- Taste each part (optional) and then combine slowly.
- Store in the fridge for at least a week to allow the liquor to cook the eggs and mellow.
- Serve with grated nutmeg on top.
- Leftover will keep for a year or longer in the fridge and is excellent over ice cream, strawberries and pound cake.
A painting of the house and yes, it used to be painted red. Should we go back?
A view of the Captain Morse House in the winter after a North Easter. Note the lamp post