Early Check-In Martha’s Vineyard
We get asked about early check-in or late check-out all the time and especially when people have ferry times that are not optimal.
Unfortunately, when we have a back to back turnovers this is probably impossible.
Enhanced cleaning for COVID also takes time.
- Use a good quality cooler such as Yeti. Other coolers work but have varying degrees of effectiveness.
- Pack extra cold packs in the coolers. Dry ice is best and is sold at bigger stores. Otherwise, use old packs. Do not use ice.
- One alternative I have used is to freeze one or two 1/2 gallons of milk or juice containers (with water or milk). These “blocks” of ice work great and do not melt over everything.
- Lay newspaper over the bottom of the cooler and over the top of the food in the cooler. Fill the cooler but do not overfill it.
- Only place essential items in the cooler.
- Do not open the cooler to “check on” the food.