Buy Insurance to protect your vacation investment
- If you have not already done so consider purchasing travel insurance for your trip. Do this only if you want to protect yourself from a covered reason. This may protect your financial investment in your vacation. You can also by CFAR insurance (Cancel for any reason). All of this is offered to you when you check out.
- If you need to cancel and you have not bought insurance there is nothing we can do for you except try and re-rent your reserved time.
Lease Cancellation Clause
15. Cancellation; If TENANT cannot occupy the premises for the original lease period (“Term”) then TENANT must notify Vacation Rental MV, LLC by email properly replied to by LANDLORD. TENANT is still required to pay all of the lease’s original rent (“Rent”) but not cleaning or taxes. LANDLORD shall then make a good faith effort to re-rent the Term. LANDLORD shall refund to TENANT any funds collected over and above the Rent for the Term, less a cancellation fee of 25%. Refunds shall be made as soon as possible but no later than 10 days after the Term.
TENANT is strongly advised that they should purchase trip insurance to cover their trip (rent, airfare, car rentals, etc.) against a cancellation or travel interruption. If LANDLORD has provided a “Right of First Refusal” to another party and TENANT has given a deposit of less than 1/2 of the total amount due then LANDLORD may cancel this agreement by returning all funds paid to LANDLORD by TENANT.
COVID CANCELLATION POLICY
Effective for all reservations, this is now part of our standard lease. Subject to change – examples of lease language only.
14. COVID Clause: The parties recognize that the government’s response to the worldwide COVID-19 virus pandemic may interfere with the short-term rental industry. If, due to any governmental action, Landlord cannot deliver or TENANT cannot travel to the premises then LANDLORD shall provide, at LANDORD’s option, either a refund or a rebooking option to TENANT.
Cancellation of your reservation
Anything can upset your carefully made travel plans. This is why we HIGHLY RECOMMEND the purchase of travel insurance. If you forgo the purchase of travel insurance you accept the entire financial risk and are 100% responsible for the rent as laid out in the contract. Please consult a copy of your lease.
To cancel your lease follow these steps:
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org Make sure you get a reply from VCJ Property, LLC, of your intent to cancel. Reference your Reservation Number.
- If you have booked through an OTA like Airbnb you will need to also notify them. They will not refund your fees.
- A new invoice including only the rent due (no security deposit, taxes, cleaning, etc.) will be sent to you.
How the process works:
- You are responsible for the full amount of the rent. If your reservation is not paid in full then you are responsible for the difference between the rent listed on your lease and any new rent collected for your canceled reservation period.
- Substitute reservations that cover only a portion of your stay will be pro-rated at the discretion of VCJ Property, LLC.
- We will open up the dates for your canceled reservation on our booking calendar. We will make a good faith effort to market the new vacancy to our mailing list, past clients, realtors, social media, and partner websites.
- At our own discretion, we may lower the rent for the canceled week. If you want to pro-actively reduce the rent for your canceled reservation you may do so at any time by using the same notification above “To cancel your lease”.
- We will try as hard as we can to fill the vacancy to reduce your financial liability.
- If your plans change you can re-book your dates at any time as long as there is still availability.